Immediate openings as of February 2018
FURLONG BUILDING JOB OPPORTUNITY DESIGN/BUILD SR. PROJECT MANAGER
Design-Build Senior Project Manager
Minimum Experience: 15+years
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in construction science, construction management, civil engineering plus work experience
Salary: Compensation based upon experience (bonus/profit sharing program available)
Benefits: Health, life, long and short-term disability insurance, generous vacation, annual performance bonus/profit sharing program, summertime flex Fridays,
Furlong Building seeks an experienced design-build construction senior project manager who will manage, direct and coordinate a wide variety of construction projects, including the building of all types of industrial, commercial, retail and office structures throughout the Tri-state region.
Position entails being the key liaison with our customers, scheduling and coordinating all design and construction processes and is responsible for estimating and financial management and margin performance of the project. He or she also must coordinate and supervise the construction process from the conceptual development stage through final construction, within time limits. Responsible for estimating projects working with subcontractors, reviewing the scope of work. Also, is responsible for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses, and, depending upon the contractual arrangements, and for directing or monitoring compliance with building and safety codes, other regulations, and requirements set by the project’s insurers.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with customers, demonstrate strong leadership, communication and client service skills, and promote business development through association involvement and networking opportunities.
- Assist in client interviews and project proposals and possess strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with client and A/E contacts, to facilitate construction activities.
- Monitor and control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Monitor schedule and collaborate with the team and subcontractors to meet milestones.
- Support and enforce the Safety Program and participate in safety trainings and meetings.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of job cost responsibilities, AIA billing and payable procedures
- Strong ability to understand project strategy with ability to anticipate issues and opportunities
- Thorough understanding of contract language
- Thorough knowledge of construction cycle related to aspects of full scope of work, estimates plans and specs
- Exceptional time management skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables
- Strong leadership skills
- OSHA 30
- Timberline Estimating
- Computer Ease or other project management software knowledge
- Project Scheduling
Furlong Building is a dynamic, growing regional design-build construction firm. The company specializes in commercial construction, additions and renovations and has built its reputation by delivering projects of the highest quality while keeping costs in check. Furlong is a lean operation with a team-like atmosphere; utilizing technology and best practices to ensure good value for its customers. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking for an opportunity to grow with a company, then Furlong is for you.
Join the Furlong Team
Join the Furlong team where everyone is motivated and our customers always come first. If you are looking for a challenge and thrive in a team-oriented environment with individuals who take pride in their work and in their career, then you would be a great fit at Furlong. Please send cover letter and your resume to Tracy at [email protected]. All inquiries are confidential.
The superintendent, along with the Project Manager, is responsible for the success of the project from inception to final close-out. This includes all aspects of the project including the control of the design, cost, schedule and quality.
- Responsible for overall on-site project coordination
- Responsible for insuring that all subcontractors and suppliers comply and perform in accordance with the project schedule
- Responsible for quality control of project drawings and specifications and insures testing and inspections by consulting engineers and owner’s representatives
- Oversees project safety and housekeeping for all employees as well as subcontractors
- Responsible for project communication with subcontractors
- Responsible for scheduling project coordination meetings
- Responsible for making sure all permits and inspections are done in a timely manner Responsible for reviewing shop drawings
- Responsible for all manpower production
- Responsible for purchasing incidental materials and equipment rentals
- Responsible for tools and equipment borrowed from the shop or any tool rental company
- Responsible for completing Field Reports on a daily basis and organizing and managing all field paperwork
- Responsible for maintaining a set of as-build drawings and specifications
- Act as goodwill ambassador for the company
Submit resume and cover letter to Tracy Decker.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.